As well as saving time on the farm, automatic feeding equipment enables livestock to be fed accurately and in some cases more frequently to keep animals supplied with fresh feed. United Milking Systems supply and install the GEA range of automatic feeding systems, including:
- Mix Feeder: The Mix Feeder is a fully automated feeder that mixes and distributes in the shed 24/7.
- MM8: MM8 silage bunkers maintain stocks of all different types of forage and are an integrated part of the automatic feeding system. The non-waste double floor is designed to avoid any waste material on the floor. Any left-over feed on the carriers and chains at the top-end will automatically be pulled in from the bottom-end.
- MVM Mixer: The powerful MVM stationary mixer mixes all kinds of forage, concentrates and minerals with the greatest of care into a perfect mixed TMR ration, which is ready to be distributed to your cows and ensures high-yield milk production.
- Mix & Carry: Mix & Carry is the reliable, automatic feeding system that frees farmers from the work involved in feeding, including the weighing of individual portions of roughage and minerals as well as the mixing and distribution of the TMR to the feed fence.
- Belt Feeder: With the Belt Feeder you can take the first step towards having an automatic feed supply – a small but flexible solution with great financial benefits. The combination of a conveyor belt and a wire pulled plough permits small amounts of feed to be distributed several times a day to different groups of cows.
Slurry management equipment
United Milking Systems offers a range of GEA machinery to move slurry and solid waste from the shed to storage and disposal including:
- Slurry scraper systems: a range of cable, chain, hydraulic and robotic automatic scrapers to clear cubicle and feed passages of slurry.
- Hydraulic piston pumps to transfer slurry underground to a main storage tank or over long distances.
- Slurry agitators to agitate the slurry in a lagoon or tank to prevent a crust forming.
- Slurry pumps to agitate and evacuate slurry from the reception pit or main storage reservoir.
- Slurry separators to enable fibre in slurry to be recovered for compost or bedding and increase farm profitability.
United Milking Systems offers the Kerbl range of high quality, robust cow brushes to increase cow comfort in the housing area and keep the cows head, back and tail-head clean.