The automated teat dipping and back-flushing cluster unit
The Apollo™MilkSystem is an innovative, automated cluster unit exclusive to GEA Farm Technologies. This first-of-its-kind product incorporates patented technology to automatically apply post-dip, through the head of the liner at the end of milking and automatically back-flush after detach – facilitating a superior milk harvesting process and assuring milk buyers of the highest quality and purity of milk supplied.
With the Apollo ™MilkSystem:
- Teats are consistently and optimally dipped with a Veterinary Medicine licenced teat dip prior to cluster removal
- Milking units are back-flushed with PE15 disinfectant after each use.
- Exposure to mastitis causing pathogens is reduced
- Cows are milked with minimal stress in fewer manual steps
- Good udder hygiene is maintained.
- Improved labour productivity in the parlour
- Increased parlour throughput
- Improved overall profitability.
Apollo™MilkSystem and IQCluster — an unbeatable combination offering an even better way to milk cows
The Apollo™MilkSystem is integrated into the proven and award-winning IQ Cluster.
The IQ milking cluster truly takes milking and milk quality to a new level. In a traditional milking cluster the milk collected in the four teat cup liners is combined in the claw bowl before being discharged into the long milk tube. In the IQ Cluster, the milk is collected in four separate guide chambers that have an in-built ball valve. This eliminates the risk of cross contamination between quarters via the milking cluster.
The ball valve in each chamber also acts as an automatic vacuum shut-off that prevents large quantities of air from rushing into the milking system. This reduces the risk of dirt being sucked into the system during cluster application, and also aids vacuum stability at the teat end – therefore having a positive effect on both milk quality and udder health.
For a full colour comprehensive brochure please contact our sales team on 01630 637171.